The difference between cross-docking and our standard warehouse shipping services—like most, our warehouse typically requires that the distributor keep stock of their inventory on site to ship to customers when requested. However, with cross-docking, we have the ability to take items from incoming freight shipments, and place them directly onto outgoing freight shipments, eliminating the long-term storage process. Below are some benefits of cross-docking with TSI.
- Reduces transportation costs
- Decreases the amount of time products spend in transit
- Provides the ability to speed products to their destination
- Lowers inventory storage costs
- Reduces costs associated with damaged inventory due to long-term storage
- Increases customer satisfaction
Contact us today to find out how our cross-docking services can be tailored to your business